7 Lakes Basin - 3 day hike (Aug 2010)

About Me

My photo
I am a student at the University of Washington. I love the mountains and trees in the Great NorthWest.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend of Disney Classics


Well last weekend I was incredibly swamped with homework and real work. I was able to meet up with a few friends on friday night, but Saturday and Sunday were booked. I only had a few hours here or there for breaks, so relaxing to a good movie or two was optimal. However I was unsure of what to watch (I've seen everything).

I decided to go with a classic Disney movie. Disney has been making a big effort in re-releasing it's old classics in the new 1080p BlueRay format, and I must say that watching Aladdin in 1080p was just stunning. Not only was it great to see this movie for the first time in many many years, but it was also like seeing a bran new movie. I noticed so many small details in the cartoon that I never had seen before on my VHS tape player. I finished the weekend off by watching Beauty and the Beast, but that one wasn't in 1080p. I really want to get around to watching The Jungle Book soon as well.

If you are looking for a great movie experience I really recommend purchasing an old Disney Classics on DVD or BlueRay and reliving some memories. They really are quality films, and worthy of being watched by adults too.

Beauty on the beast DVD on amazon: http://amzn.to/fPLcKE

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I must say, it's nice to have a guy reader!

    I did a bit of snooping around your blog and profile, and I've come to the conclusion that we're going to be friends.

    Hope you're okay with that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blogs a little on the lean side, I bet that snooping didn't take you too long ;)

    I'd say I snooped around your blog, but having only read 7 of around 200 of your blogs, I'm not convinced that qualifies?

    Friends!? Okay, I guess =P But it doesn't sound like I really have a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love how blogs can connect people across the country! I hope you're enjoying your step into the blogging world! By the way, I love Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. The newer Disney movies just can't compare.
    Do you wakeboard a lot? My family enjoys boating and water sports.
    Have a fabulous day!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I wakeboard as much as I can! I hope to buy a Malibu Wakesetter in the next two years, but for right now I pretty much just bum around on my friends boats, or I just wakeboard behind my 3 person jetski. I actually went out boarding yesterday for the first time this season. The water temp is still only 51 degrees, yikes!

    ReplyDelete